Ten Gifts For The Bookish On Your List



I am a self-professed book nerd. I love reading books, holding books, reshelving books, working with books, and giving and receiving books. If you’ve been reading my blog for a while, you’ll have come across some of my other book-related posts like,

99 books your child will want to read.Christmas Gift Ideas For Young ReadersWant to get your son reading good books? Here are some great ones! 

But now I want to share some ideas for the adults on your gift list. The following are all Amazon links, which help provide a negligible income for this blog. If you do click on them and shop, your purchases are private, so no worries that I’m going to judge you for that oversized box of assorted chocolates you added onto your order.

In no particular order,

This is such a great coffee table slash reference slash curl-up-and-dream book. Not only are the pictures pretty, but there are some extremely helpful design tips and tools included.

Ahhh, Harry Potter. Just when you thought there was nothing new to see or buy, this beautifully illustrated book series debuted. And these are lovely. The full text of each book is interspersed with exquisite pictures.

Ok, I know this is a kids’ book, but seriously, it’s laugh-out-loud funny. I would buy this for grown-ups. Like me, for instance.

Another funny one. For all ages. Seriously.

I can’t stop and I won’t stop. If you’ve never seen an illustration of a donkey fart, this book’s for you. It doesn’t hurt that there’s this video of a Scottish grandma reading it.

When this one came into the library, we couldn’t stop flipping through it and oohing at all the ideas. Plus, low-mess? HOLLA. Clearly, they speaka my language.

I can’t help it, I love factoids. And this book is a fun way to feel stupid and ill-informed. Always a win if you can wrap that up and give it to someone special.

I love dogs and I certainly don’t hate looking at artistic photos of them.

Pop culture plus history plus photography equals hours of viewing enjoyment.

I’m going to assume you’re an adult and not totes into comics. That’s okay. Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the past ten years, you know superhero films are sort of a THING, and if you don’t watch them and spend hours discussing plot points, villian theories, and the space-time contiuum and how will the Avengers ever save the planet from Thanos, you probably know someone who does. So buy them this book and prove to them that reading can be fun!

There you have it, ten awesome books to gift the ones you love. Or yourself. And you’re welcome for narrowing my lengthy list of books I love to only ten.

That’s pretty much a Christmas Miracle.

Alison