Dollhouse Master Bedroom Reveal


Last week, I shared my plans for renovating a used dollhouse that I recently purchased. If you recall, I shared my Inspiration Board here with this photo:

Fiona and I had so such fun pulling everything together. The only thing we purchased for this room was the round mirror above the dresser. Everything else we crafted from found items. The dresser is a cardboard box painted gray. The drawer pulls were spindles from the staircase that we painted gold and glued on. 

I made the plant from strips of green craft paper and jammed some florist foam into a metal basket I'd found and sprayed gold. 

The bed is a granola bar box painted brown and covered in muslin.

I made the string wall hanging and found the metal triangle above the bed in my husband's tool chest. I've no idea what it might be, but it looks good as wall art.

And the wall sconce is made from parts of two plastic suction cups sprayed black, another staircase spindle, and a pearl earring glued in place of a light bulb.

 The rug is cut from a wool sweater, the bedding fashioned from fabric remnants on hand or knitted by my fabulous daughter. ( I want a life-sized version of that afghan!) 

I trimmed a branch and stained it for the stump table, and Fiona made the book.



We decided to go ahead and deck the halls, so I pulled the white trees from my Christmas stash. The boxes came with the dollhouse and I just re-papered them with brown paper cut from lunch bags. The little elf also came with the house.
Isn't he sweet? I shall call him Walter.


There you have it-one room down. Six to go, though we've gotten a start on most of them. Doesn't it make you want to shrink yourself down and crawl inside for a while?

Next up: The Living Room Inspiration Board

Alison

P.S. If you'd like to find more dollhouse inspiration, you can follow my Diminutive Dwellings Pinterest Board