Winning



Well played, Monday. You threw me a few curves yesterday, but you did not get the crown.
Sure, I slept poorly and awoke groggy and befuddled. But Monday is Free Coffee Day at McDonald’s.
I win.
And yes, a full day of homeschool co-op, including teaching art to a baker’s dozen of elementary kids can be…wearying. But they were all in stellar moods and thoroughly enjoyed my class. Even the boys.
I win.
And so we lost our last basketball game. At least the boys played well, with grit and spirit, and no one got hurt (a minor miracle) And I don’t have to drive clear to West Mifflin on Friday.
I win.
And sure, my trusty minivan expired on the way home from bible study last night at 10PM. On the freeway. After a 30 minute drive. But I made it to our exit and coasted safely to the shoulder.
I win.
And no, sitting with my daughter in our rapidly cooling vehicle, I couldn’t reach my husband who was no where close to home. But less than 10 minutes after flicking on the hazard lights, an unfamiliar car stopped, and out popped friends on their way home from a weekend trip, stopping because they recognized our car. They cheerfully gave us a ride home.
I win.
Actually, as I lay in bed last night reflecting on the long day, I realized that the battle had not been between Monday and me. Really, Jesus won the day. The things that could have stressed and disappointed and even caused injury might have been so much worse. But in the end, His hand of mercy covered us, as it always does.
I win.