I Really Need A Master Bedroom Makeover

Am I the only one who takes forever to complete a decorating slash renovation project? Sometimes I feel like it. I see all these Befores and Afters online and read that they were completed in a weekend. Ugh. I've been working on my bedroom makeover for like, 8 years. I now have the bedding (Ebay), curtains (Salvation Army), and furniture (Craigslist, Ikea, Amazon). But it took me about 2 years to source those things at my requirement of rock-bottom prices.

Oh, does my bedroom need a makeover. If I could just twitch my nose and have all the pink, floral wallpaper disappear I would be thrilled. Sadly, it's gonna take a bit more work than that. But I am working toward a room in grays and whites. #babysteps.

Now I just need someone (Chad) to peel off loads of wallpaper from the ceiling and walls. Oh, and someone to paint the walls, ceiling, and floor (me) and  find a not too pricey area rug. And maybe a new ceiling fan. That's not, like, a lot, right? But it sure feels like it. And I can promise you that it won't all be accomplished in a weekend.

This isn't the first I've posted about my bedroom plans. Er, bedroom decorating plans... I wrote here and here about the colors I want to use. Actually, they are the mutually agreed upon not too feminine colors of gray (Chad) and white (me). I guess we both need a little break from the saccharine sweetness of 80s inspired pink and teal flowers on the walls and carpet.

My nightmares are colored in pink and teal.
Here was my design board back in February of 2014

But since finding the bedding and curtains, and changing the loveseat back to our white Ektorp, I've updated my design board to this:

Definitely some stronger color contrast and more of a mix of patterns. My armoire and other dressers will be painted with ASCP in white, and I'll be on the hunt for one huge rug or a couple smaller rugs in a simple and light pattern. Since our wood floors are in such a poor state, I think I'll paint them first, probably a darker gray. Porch paint makes a lovely floor covering.

It's coming along, I guess. And at some point, we're just going to have to empty the room, sleep on the sofas for a week and get it done.

Trust me, you'll be the first to know.

Anyone know where I can find a yummy and cheapo rug?

{alison}