Hot Spiced Pumpkin Drink




A few years ago I shared a recipe for a warm and spicy pumpkin drink that I had discovered in a Gooseberry Patch cookbook. But like many of my early posts, I felt that this one could use some sprucing up. And also, I really wanted to drink some. So I whipped up another warm and creamy batch 
just for you (and me)

I had forgotten just how delicious and Autumny it tastes. And not only is this concoction sublime as it is, it can also be used as coffee creamer or to whip up the perfect pumpkin spiced latte. 

You could even serve it cold with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Or if you you are so inclined, add a splash of rum for an extra dose of warmth. 

Yum. 

But really my favorite way to sip this stuff is piping hot, topped with a  sploosh of whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg.

Just me and my mug curled up in my favorite chair, a good book on my lap, all toasty and snug. 

Need to make this dairy-free? Just substitute almond milk for the cream. Or you could also reduce the fat by using low-fat milk. 

Happy Fall!


Hot Spiced Pumpkin

Serves 4
A warm and toasty drink, perfect for Fall.

Ingredients
  1. 2 cups whipping cream
  2. 1/2 cup sugar
  3. 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
  4. 1/4 tsp. all spice
  5. 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
  6. 1 tsp. vanilla
Instructions
  1. Combine cream and sugar in a sauce pan on the stove over medium heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Whisk in pumpkin, spices and vanilla and simmer on stove, stirring often, about 10 minutes until thoroughly heated. Serve with whipped cream. Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Notes
  1. Makes the perfect creamer for coffee, or lattes. Or serve chilled, with a scoop of ice cream.
Adapted from Gooseberry Patch