The Haircut

 I got it all cut off.

Went for the pixie cut I’ve been daring myself to do for about 30 years.

And I’m still trying to determine if I’ve been brave or terribly stupid. I’ll let you decide.

Before:

And After:
Sally Maxon Photography

But since you all have been Instagramming me compliments and words of affirmation, I’ll go with brave.

I’m so grateful to my talented photog friend, Sally Maxson who came to shoot the entire process from nervous start to happy finish. You know you’re a dedicated blogger when you bring your own paparazzi with you to the hair salon to document the process for posterity.

And yes, I was able to donate my severed locks. Turns out they do accept gray hair.

So do I love it?

No.

Not yet, anyway. But I’m happy with it, and happy I finally had the nerve to go for it. I can tell you that the men in my house are not sold. But they assure me that they still think I’m pretty. I’ll be curious to see how it feels day and in and out, how quickly it grows, what kind of salon maintenance it requires.

Thanks to you all for your online encouragement that helped steel my nerve.