The Duff House Decked Out For Christmas



i have been taking my sweet time

getting this post photographed and written and edited



i'm not being lazy

i promise



ok

maybe a little lazy



but between schoolwork

basketball games

and church stuff

we've been b u s y lately



like many of you

i've felt the desire to simplify my decorating

a little bit this year



or



maybe it's just

that i'm kinda tired of my old baubles



whatevs



this year

i pared down my shtuff

and made a few things with other shtuff


that i had tucked away in forgotten craft drawers


my garlands

were starting to look a little worn and grubby

so i decided to pull one apart

and make some dainty wreaths for some of my windows



then i needed to come up with

something for my dining room mantel

i scrounged around and found some pickle jars


spray painted the lids



added some epsom salt for snow


made some paper trees

stuck in a few tea lights

and tied on a glittery star


in the living room

i had some fun with spray painting come acrylic letters

and a deer head


on top of the tv stand

i put Chad's nan's antique NOEL letters

with some burlap

greenery

a Christmasy paper banner

and our Jesse Tree



i love to use red and white

with some silver and gold thrown it



natural elements like pine boughs

pine cones and antlers

(even though my friend Nicole thinks i'm nutsy)




i really love Christmas tree hunting each year


this time

it was snowy

cold

and absolutely wonderful


we picked a big 'un this year

and i gotta tell you



there's some tippage going on

with all the stress that 8 foot tall frazier

is putting on my tree stand

sitting in a galvanized tin tub


so that's our Christmas house for 2013

and by the way

isn't this a cute Christmas header?



but wordpress

is cropping all my headers

at the wrong spot



gah!



if you know how to fix this

let me know

please?



oh

and one last thing

i wanted to share with you



my table for our church's Candlelight Christmas Dessert



my inspiration this year was Scottish Hunt



think tartan, my friends

and antlers

pheasant feathers

pine boughs



it was a lovely evening

even with snow on the roads



isn't Christmas decorating fun?



{alison}