Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies


 

You may know from my posts about my Sourdough Bread, that I like to tinker with some of my recipes
by using whole wheat flour. Sometimes it works well as a replacement for white unbleached flour 
and sometimes, not. But when I found a new recipe for chocolate chippers using whole wheat (thanks, back of the flour bag) I  thought I'd give it a go. 

And now these bad boys are a new family favorite.
 

They have a slight nutty taste and bake up crisp on the outsides, chewy in the middle.

And because I learned well in kindergarten, I'm sharing them with you>













Ingredients
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 package semi-sweet chocolate morsels
(I use mini morsels, or sometimes half big and half mini)

To make:

Preheat oven to 375. Mix sugars, butter and vanilla until fluffy. Mix in egg until combined. Stir in dry ingredients (dough will be stiff.) Mix in chocolate morsels. Drop by rounded teaspoon (or cookie scoop) onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes. (I do 'em for 9 and they are perfect.) Cool on cookies sheets for a minute or two and transfer to cooling rack.

Enjoy!


{alison}