Chewy Peanut Butter Squares


Are you excited to vote today? Are you more excited to stop seeing political ads everywhere at all times?

I'll be heading out to my one-booth polling station in my small town in just a little while to cast my vote, and later my kids will be working on their election lapbooks by filling in their electoral maps
as the evening wears on.

To get us through the long night ahead, we might just be munching on these.


This recipe was given to me by my friend, Cori, and it has become a family favorite. Plus, it's a quick and easy thing to whip up.

To make you will need:

1/2 c. light corn syrup
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla
3 c. rice cereal
1 c. salted peanuts

In a medium saucepan bring syrup and sugar to boil. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla. Mix in cereal and peanuts and blend well. Pour and press into a square pan and cool. Enjoy!

Note: I often use chunky peanut butter and omit the peanuts.



{alison}