i've got a million of 'em

yesterday
i would've been on time for that appointment

if it weren't for all those cars and stop signs and lights and stuff
Traffic Jam photo by Curzio 70

this morning
i would never have eaten all those sugar snacks

if the hubs hadn't bought them in the first place

last week
i'd never have spoken harshly to my kids
overreacted to a simple comment
forgotten to spend time with the Father
neglected to clean my house properly
put off calling a struggling friend

if only i'd had more sleep
more time
more energy

lately
i find myself reprimanding my children for refusing to take responsibility for their own actions

as in

'sweetie
even when your brother hits/yells/takes/says that first
it's still wrong for you to return it back to him in kind


his sin does not justify yours'

sin has no excuse

or maybe it would be better to say

sin is it's own excuse

so often
i fool myself into thinking
that i am just a victim in every situation
that i simply a victim of imperfect circumstances

not responsible for reigning myself in
or
accepting and acknowledging my own wrongdoing

and then the spirit speaks
reminding me of his words


'...all of you be harmonious
sympathetic
brotherly
kindhearted, and
humble in spirit;
not returning evil for evil
or insult for insult
but giving a blessing instead;
for your were called for the very purpose
that you might inherit a blessing.

1 peter 3:8-9

'