Resolve

i never make new year's resolutions



never



not sure why

although

my underachieving personality

might be to blame

(why set goals i know i'll never make?)



but this year i am moving the bar a little higher

my list?

to spend more consistent and meaningful time with my Savior

every day

why is this so hard when i love Him so much?

i manage to 'find' ample time to blog, read, putter

but i must carve out intentional time with the One who should so easily come first

return to daily, intentional prayer for my husband and children

the best periods in our life together have been the times
when i am figuratively and literally on my knees
interceding on behalf of my family

i'm going through The Power of a Praying Parent again

and you may be hearing more about that



to bring more joy and excitement to our home school




we seem to have spent a lot of time just going through

the motions with our learning and that is just



not



fun


see those fake smiles?



maybe it's unrealistic

but i'd like to see more spontaneous grinning

and hear fewer groans





return to healthier eating and exercising



after working so hard to lose those 45 lbs.
i'm not

not

gaining them all back

pulled out my old food journal to start writing down

all those calories again...tedious but it totally works for me

still looking for an inexpensive workout machine





invest in others more




practice hospitality
open our home

get together with friends more often


we haven't been doing this at all lately

not sure why

but we need to work on investing in others

including my parents

brothers

sisters




i love them

and it's time to start acting like it





be softer

i have difficulty being vulnerable with people

i don't like to ask for help

pride?



also

i need to work on finding moments to cuddle my kids

while they'll still let me








it's so easy for me to go through the day focusing on school work

chores

discipline

myself



and the time will have passed with no children in my lap

no snuggling at bedtime

no reading yummy stories while smooshed on the sofa



for me

loving physical contact is way more important than

spelling words

meal plans
laundry

science projects




but you wouldn't know it



until now



right this moment



when i will move away from the computer

and hug a random child on the way upstairs to get showered and dressed




what's your top resolution for 2011?