Weddings...Engagements....Anniversaries...

it's monday morning
crisp, cool
golden outside

and i'm pooped

after a busy, fun
weddingish weekend

our guests have gone
to make the long trip home

my beautiful cousin Alyssa
married
our dear friend Titus
and we all had the joy
of witnessing it all

after my sisters and parents arrived
we invited some friends and family
to celebrate my parents' 56th anniversary


the couple
and the cake
were a little less blurry
in person...


friday night
we all went to the rehearsal picnic
at a local park
and ate
and celebrated


and talked about
another approaching nuptial


that's my nephew jason
with his newly intended, michelle
who are planning a new years' wedding


these are jason's parents
my sister cindy and her hubs, jay
they are (just a little) excited


this is my older sister carol and her hubs, bill


and
yours truly
with my own hubs

poor man...had to work late
and arrived just in time
to snap some photos
pack up
and head home

then
there was the
main event
the reason for which we all gathered
in the first place


the newly hitched
giddy couple
mr. and mrs. martin


brother of the groom
and hubs
who've been friends
since college



the wedding took place
on nathan's birthday
which was bittersweet
for my sister
but special
sentimental


i got to dance
with my dad
which made him nervous
and me happy


here we are
sisters
oldest to youngest


the flower girls
nieces of the groom
sweet
with bare toesies


here we are
again
thinking of our own wedding
all those years ago