The randomness of a frazzled mind...


As I get closer to the first day of school I start to get a little panicky thinking about all the stuff I've yet to get done. Then all these random thoughts enter my frazzled brain and I end up hopping down (not completely irrelevant) bunny trails. Know what I'm talking about here??

I have one curriculum book left to order. I don't know why I haven't just ordered it already. Yes I do. It's like, $70, and I keep hoping to find some extra cash floating around.

We have gotten totally away from our school year routine and frankly, I'm dreading coaxing (jackhammering) us back into it. Myself included. Yes, I know we should stick to the same routine throughout the summer, but it's summer.

Our school room bookshelves really need organizing. As in, clear the shelves off and start fresh. I can't decide if making my kids do it is a way to teach them responsibility or just me trying to get out of doing it.

I need to list a ton of stuff on Ebay. But first, I need to organize it, clean it, photograph it, upload the photos to my PC, then list it all.

Did I mention that my 5 year old (5!) washing machine died? As in, "Gee, why is the washer not moving and what is that burning smell?" died.

My prayer life has been so lazy as of late. Part of my lack of routine. I think about the things I need to be praying about, but that's as far as I get. (That was a little more honest than I was planning to get with this post!) Pondering is not prayer.

The Lord is faithful, even when I am not. And His timing is perfect (of course) My brother-in-law, who is a gear head, bought us a used Jetta and retooled it so that it is in great shape. He spent lots of his valuable time and money doing this for us. My mother and father-in-law just drove it out from CO last week. The old (20 year old) Honda that the Jetta is replacing just died a natural death this morning. Thank You Jesus.

People are generous. That new (used) car is actually the second vehicle we've been given. The newly deceased Honda was given to us by my brother when he needed it no longer.

Coffee is good and sometimes necessary. Like when you are woken up half an hour early with a phone call from the hubs who was driving to work when his car died. And he needs you to come and pick him up. And while getting dressed you realize one eye won't open all the way.

Two of my four offspring are suffering with the Flu. In August. Five short days before school starts. And who will get it next? When (not if) will I be struck down? Why do children suffer for 24-48 hours with these bugs and I get sick for a week?

I doubled all my vitamins this morning.

I'm thankful for the Spell Check feature on blogger. Otherwise you would be very embarrassed for me.

Why do I squander so much time sitting at my PC when I have a very long list of things to accomplish? Like feeding my kids some breakfast. And taking a shower.

Isn't 'squander' an awesome word?

Happy Wednesday everyone! (It is Wednesday, right?)