Sometimes It Pays to be the Neighborhood Junk Collector


Remember my post from the other day?



Asking Mrs. Neighbor-Across-The-Street for her

sitting-out-by-the-curb-about-to-be-thrown-out lawn chairs?



Well, she knocked on my door yesterday and asked if I thought I might want some china she's getting rid of.



I've learned from experience to ask a few questions before saying yes.


How much is there?

Place settings for 10 or 12...can't remember



What's it look like?

White, with flowers.



Complete, you said?

Yes, complete. Including serving pieces.



Okay.


Honey, can you run across the street and get a big, heavy box of china for me?

Please?



Don't feel too badly for him.

 He's sort of used to my strange china fetish.

I have collected bits of china since I was 14.

I pick up random pieces at flea markets, tag sales and such.

My everyday china is really a hodge podge of formerly grand china in pinks and reds

that we mix and use for everything.



So how could I say no to more lovely china?



Here it is.

I had to lay it all out like we were having company.





A sea of Noritake.






I counted 7 pieces per place setting. I don't even know what all of them are for!








And serving pieces.








A big platter and a smaller one.





Creamer and sugar. Gravy boat. Oval server.



And.....



I finally own a covered serving dish!

I've always wanted one.

I know.

I'm silly.





Isn't she pretty?

Sigh.





I think the pattern is almost perfect for me. White and green, with just a hint of pink.





The only problem is....



where the heck am I going to store it?