The Duff House....My Bathroom Mini-Makeover


Three years ago we moved into an old house in a small town. The Duff House, as it's know around here, was built in 1880 and we are only the fourth owners in it's history. (I cannot even describe how much I love living in a house with it's own name....bliss!)The style of this house is Folk Victorian, which just means that the period is Victorian, but it's a regular farmhouse style rather than something fancier (like Queen Anne, Painted Lady, etc.) Of course, like many old homes, she needs some work..."some" being a relative term....and I thought I would post some photos of what we've done so far.



Here is the upstairs bathroom mini-reno which my brother-in-law helped us with. When we moved in we couldn't use the shower because it was a one-piece vinyl surround and had pulled away from the wall. It was gross. Notice the lovely blue toilet seat?





It is done for now, but eventually I would like to completely gut it and start fresh. I bought the paint from the Oops counter at Home Depot and the shower curtain on Ebay.








I don't have before photos of the downstairs bath, but it had 1980s wallpaper and oak cabinets. All I did was change out the shower curtains, remove wallpaper paint the walls, and paint all the wood surfaces white. Still no window treatments...not sure what I want to do there. (I think I took this at Christmas time-hence the tin tree on the vanity.) The flooring is horrible vinyl and will be replaced at some point.









I'll be posting other rooms soon, so be sure to check back!