Museum of Natural History

Yesterday we went with our friends the Jeromes on a field trip to the Museum of Natural History in Oakland. Here are some pictures of our day.






Fiona and Noah pointing to the PA state bird. Do you know what it is? A Ruffed Grouse. (We did PA history two years ago.)






Bird's eye view of some big dinosaur bones. I think these are actually replicas.







All the boys.






The girls.



I think most of the kids like the Whale Exhibit the best. It was pretty cool (who knew a whale's heart has vetricles that are large enough for children to climb into and out of?) But my favorite section was Ancient Egypt. We studied that last year and I thought it was very neat. One of the best benefits of homeschooling is getting to go on field trips whenever we want to. Unfortunately we don't take advantage of this benefit often enough. So a special thanks to my friend Paula for scheduling it and inviting us.