Flea Market Stuff

 

I love stuff. Old stuff, repurposed stuff, posh stuff, shabby stuff....just, stuff. One of my favorite places to find stuff is Rogers Flea Market in Ohio. It's my happy place. Really.




I usually only go once or twice a summer because it's on Fridays and it's not a place I enjoy taking my young children. (Though once in a while I cave and bring someone.....my kids love stuff almost as much as I do.) I usually spend most of the day there and leave 4 or 5 hours later when my pockets are empty or my van is full, whichever comes first.



Since I have all winter to plan my excursion I always take a list of stuff I want. It helps me budget, stay on task and not get overwhelmed by the sheer quantity of everything on offer. But of course, my list doesn't restrict me from impulse shopping (Last year a lovely bottle of Chanel perfume wasn't on my list but for $3 you can bet your bippy I grabbed it.)



Then there's live stuff. Fresh, locally grown produce...and bedding plants....perennials.....shrubs. My fingers itch to dig just thinking about it.



But my first love is treasure. So I thought I'd stick a few photos in this post to display some of the best stuff I found last year.



A framed poster of a gallery showing in Scotland of John Singer Sargent's works. ($5) Her name is Lady Agnew....I couldn't resist.



My younger two boys have a western theme in their bedroom....and for $5 this fits in nicely.




I don't care what your politics are....when you find a button like this with your name on it you buy it. I think they'll make great bulletin board push pins. I got several of them for a few dollars.






Okay, I didn't get this leather chesterfield chair at Rogers. I found it on craigslist for $30. But I love it so much that I had to show it off here. ($30!!)






This beauty is a leather doctor's satchel from the 19th century. The reason I know that is because when I got it home I found an original letter stuck inside from a grateful patient for some tonic the doctor had prescribed for her, dated 1899. $10. And the antlers beside it were a few bucks.



 Now you know just how much I like stuff and where I find most of it. I'm curious about you. What stuff do you like? Care to share?